How to Disinfect Baby Toys
In this article, we show you how to disinfect baby toys easily and without fail!
Being a parent is very fulfilling, especially when you are one who loves your child. There are a lot of ways to care for your child and become a good parent, and it doesn’t just start with the love and care you provide for your child himself, but for your surroundings as well. Your household must be kept clean and free of bacteria in order to avoid illnesses or infections from happening to your whole family, most especially your child who is still with a growing immune system! While you cannot keep your whole home spick and span 100% of the time, you can always do your best on keeping your baby healthy through disinfecting the things he uses and plays with, most especially his toys!
It may be difficult to always clean and disinfect your baby’s toys, as they may be a lot! But with that being said, it certainly isn’t impossible. It’s very easy to clean your baby’s toys, and it’s very important to do so as well! It keeps your baby from having infections, and they will be very healthy because of it.
Importance of Disinfecting Baby Toys
There will be times that you get too lazy to disinfect your baby’s toys, or that you are too busy to do so. But take note that this is important and you will need to clean these toys as this is what your baby comes in contact with the most! You wouldn’t want your newborn to be touching objects with bacteria or dirt in them, as chances are they may come contact with bacteria and even eat the toy or their fingers out of curiosity. This causes infections and other sicknesses that would have been prevented if you disinfected your baby’s toys. Plus, no one wants to handle dirty toys and objects, which is why it’s best to keep them organized and clean.
It’s very important to disinfect your baby’s toys to avoid bacteria from spreading not only to your baby, but to you and your household as well. It isn’t the most fun of tasks, but as long as it keeps everyone healthy, then it’s something that must be dine even at least once a week. It is important to allot time for disinfecting your whole house and your baby’s toys just to keep your house away from bad bacteria.
Ways on Cleaning Baby Toys
There are two different parts of cleaning baby toys:
This is through scrubbing toys with soap and water, removing the grime and dust as well as the germs that come in the toy after making contact with the ground or other places that s filled with bacteria. You don’t need to use anti-bacteria soap and use regular dish soap instead. But, it’s also recommended to use anti-bacteria soap to ensure that most germs are gone.
After cleaning the toys, sanitizing will come next, using a sanitizing solution to kill off the more dangerous germs that may still be on the toy even after cleaning it. There are sanitizing solutions for sale that are safe for children, or you can also create your own homemade sanitizing solution through mixing a table spoon of bleach in a quart of water.
It is best to disinfect and have a regular cleaning for all your baby’s toys at least once a month. If your baby has just come out from an illness or had a play date, then it’s best to start cleaning the toys as well to remove the bacteria that may have been in it during sickness or the play date. Of course, it’s also best to clean toys immediately, especially if you find food stuck in it or after bath time when there is water residue. If you notice your child’s toys with grime or dirt, wipe and disinfect immediately.
Tips on How to Disinfect Baby Toys
Disinfecting baby toys isn’t simply about washing or wiping them clean! There are different types of ways to disinfect baby toys and it also depends on the size or type of material it is made out of. It may seem difficult and confusing, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to easily disinfect your baby’s toys with ease and have him play with it safely. Here is a guide on how to disinfect baby toys, depending on the type and how you will want to clean it:
- If your baby’s toys have fallen to the ground or soil, then make sure you wipe it immediately with disinfectant wipes, freeing it from dirt or any germs around it.
- Sanitize toys that your baby may have chances of chewing or eating, especially pacifiers. You do this through boiling a pot of water, adding the toys, and letting it boil and disinfect for a few minutes.
- For plastic or wooden toys, use a damp sponge to clean it, making sure you get to the nooks and crannies of the toy.
- Create a cleaning solution made of distilled vinegar and water, spraying it onto toys and leaving it on for about 15 minutes. After that, wipe them with clean cloth.
- Another solution would be a quart of warm water and 1/4 cup of baking soda. Clean the toys with the solution and wipe it with a clean towel.
- If you are cleaning stuffed toys, then make sure that you either hand wash them regularly or add it to the washing machine, depending on the washing instructions. Use hot water to wash it and let it dry itself, or use a blow dryer.
- If your baby’s toys are made of plastic and can be durable in heat, then you can wash them in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
- For bath toys, make sure that they are properly washed and that you wring or squeeze out any excess water to avoid it from creating molds.
Your baby’s health is very important, and through knowing how to disinfect baby toys, you will avoid bacteria from spreading into your baby’s body. It isn’t possible to get rid of the bacteria 100% of the time, but as long as you do your job in keeping your baby’s toys and household clean, then you are lessening the chances of infection from happening, making your baby happy and healthy. It’s best to not be lazy and get on with your job of keeping your home clean. Not only will it look clean, but you will also be healthy and ready to care for your baby.
With these tips and methods on how to disinfect baby toys, you will be able to clean them with ease and let your baby safely play with his toys without worry or risk of infection. So what are you waiting for? Try these methods for yourself and start making your home a cleaner and parasite-free home today.
Did you enjoy the article or have any suggestions on how to properly disinfect and clean baby toys? Then comment down below to help another fellow parent! We’ll definitely appreciate your comments and what you have to say.
Incoming search terms:
- How to Disinfect Baby Toys
- How do you clean baby toys
- What to clean baby toys with